In this issue of Landscape ME, we take a look at the launch of the latest destination resort, Alila Jabal Akhdar in Oman by Alila. The resort is dramatically perched on a mountain side overlooking a stunning gorge with sensational views of the Al Hajar Mountains. Turn to page 38 for more.
Bensley Design Studios share their thoughts and expertise on page 24 on the design of St Regis Bali Resort which features onyx marble, bronze and wood sculptures in the gardens.
Dubai-based development company Meraas Holding unveils the blueprint for Dubai Parks & Resorts project that is set to take shape in Jebel Ali. The first phase of the project will comprise of three theme parks: Motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, and LEGOLAND Dubai. The development will also feature Riverpark – a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. See page 14.
The topic of, ‘Do we need Green Roofs?’ is always one for debate. Turns to page 20 were we discuss the economic, ecological and social benefits to having Green Roofs.
Until next time!
• Meraas Holding Unveils Dubai Parks & Resorts
• Green Roofs
• St. Regis Bali Rresort Landscape
• Interview with Peter Scott, Landscape Manager of Khatib & Alami
• Planting Trees in the Urban Environment
• Alila Hotels & Resorts - Al Jabal Akhdar, Oman
• Gebran Tueni Memorial – Beirut, Lebanon
• Making the City Greener
• Interview with the CEO of Floors & Decks
Some of our previous issue covers: