2014 was the year that the UAE was awarded one of the most iconic projects in his 40 year history— Expo 2020. As the year draws to a close, we look how its neighbours Qatar and Saudi Arabia are leaving their mark, both in the public realm space and industrial city projects to become leading tourist destinations and more sustainable places to live and work. (See page 20 role of public realm and page 34)
In Asia, sustainable living has been at the forefront of landscape planning for many years, the Taikoo Hui green roof building and places in Guangzhou, China is a shining example of a public realm mixed use project that doubles as a commercial hub in the middle of the city. (page 26)
Gardens by the Bay architects, Grant Associates have recently expanded their offices in Singapore and are busy revamping the historic surroundings of the Capitol Building in the downtown civic district. (page 38)
The MENA region is busier than ever, and we at Landscape are looking forward to a prosperous and peaceful year ahead.
We'd love to hear from you so please feel free to share your feedback with us:
• Recycling Green waste to compost for Urban Landscape
• Striving for world class sport facilites
• Public parks department in developing public realm & landscaping concepts in Qatar
• Taikoo Hui Green Roof Plazas
• Drip or below flow subsurface textile irrigation
• Reinventing the vernacular
• Grant Associates unveils Singapore public realm project
• AL Jubail Hotel
• Emirates pearl hotel
Some of our previous issue covers:
Thank you for the support, do not forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter.